Join Chicago-area pediatric dietitian Betsy Hjelmgren and her husband, David, as they venture on their own nutrition journey this August. Their vlog contains all the laughs, fun banter and tips you would expect from a great couple attempting a restrictive diet rollercoaster. Tune in as Betsy learns to truly appreciate the difficulties clients and families face when embarking on a new diet with nothing but a few handouts and some encouragement from others!
Betsy and David both came home still hungry from a pizza party tonight. There were some delicious salads and fruits, but it wasn’t very filling. They stopped at the store on the way home to pick up a few items to fill their bellies.
Betsy reports on the outcome of today’s long run, and David shares his feelings about being ready to be done.
- Coffee with half-and-half
- Plain cheerios with milk, and a drizzle of honey
- Banana with peanut butter
- Panera Green Goddess salad, no bacon, dressing on the side
- Medium apple
- Multiple homemade salads on a potluck buffet
- Japanese style fried brown rice
- Salmon – just a few bites of leftover
- Red wine
- Cottage cheese
- Omega-3 trail mix
- Betsy – 2,248 calories, 84g protein
Send your anti-inflammatory diet or any pediatric nutrition questions or comments our way! Let’s chat!