Ensuring your child is eating and thriving is part and parcel of parenting. And while many of our clients are referred to us by a pediatrician or specialist, it’s perfectly normal for parents to seek us out on their own when they have concerns about their child’s diet, eating habits or weight when they aren’t getting answers they need from other professionals. Whether it’s a picky eating phase, food allergies or intensive nutrition therapy for a feeding tube, our dietitians want to work with you and your child to optimize a healthy lifestyle through nutrition. Please review the screening questions below to assess potential nutrition concerns to see if your child would benefit from meeting with one of our registered dietitians.
- Has your child unintentionally gained or lost weight recently?
- Does your child have a feeding tube?
- Does your child have a condition that requires a restricted or special diet?
- Has your child had poor weight gain or height gain over the last few months?
- Has your child been eating less recently?
- Does your child have a food allergy or intolerance?
- Does your child avoid multiple food groups?
- Does your child complain of abdominal pain or discomfort at least three times per month?