[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6274154/height/360/width/450/theme/standard/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/” height=”360″ width=”450″ placement=”top” theme=”standard”]
Click here to download
Jen and Betsy dive into family meals – ups and downs, challenges, and how to overcome some of the most common obstacles such as time, frequency and benefits of making time to sit down together a few times a week.
Cream of Tomato Soup (mentioned in the episode)
|¾||Cup||Chicken or vegetable broth|
Day 1 Directions
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the onion is transparent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter mixture and continue to stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, broth, bay leaf, sugar and salt, continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Stir the baking soda into the tomatoes in your measuring cup.
- Add the tomatoes to the milk mixture and bring just to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a container.
- Cover label and refrigerate.
Day 2 Directions
- Pour soup through a mesh strainer or blend soup in the blender.
- Heat soup and serve with grilled cheese.