Feeding therapist and feeding expert, Smita Joshi of Assential Therapies, joins Jen and Betsy for an in-depth discussion of primary feeding difficulties and what you can consider when seeking help for a difficult eater. Very informative podcast. A must-hear!
Cream of Tomato Soup (mentioned in the episode)
|¾||Cup||Chicken or vegetable broth|
Day 1 Directions
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring, until the onion is transparent.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter mixture and continue to stir and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slowly add the milk, broth, bay leaf, sugar and salt, continue to cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Stir the baking soda into the tomatoes in your measuring cup.
- Add the tomatoes to the milk mixture and bring just to a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a container.
- Cover label and refrigerate.
Day 2 Directions
- Pour soup through a mesh strainer or blend soup in the blender.
- Heat soup and serve with grilled cheese.