Now’s the time to start hinting to the family that soon is…ahem..Mother’s Day. All a mother needs is a little pampering, right? And besides, kids who spend time cooking in the kitchen grow up to be healthier eaters. In fact, this post is entirely for them, not moms at all. 😉
GLUTEN FREE PANCAKES
2 large fresh whole eggs
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cup nonfat cows skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/3 cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp kosher, non-aluminum, low-electrolyte baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp kosher gluten replacement xanthan gum
1. Preheat griddle or skillet over medium heat adding a little oil if desired.
2. Whisk together eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
4. Fold dry ingredients into the egg mixture until moist. Do not over-mix; batter will be a little lumpy.
5. Pour 1/4 cupfuls onto the preheated griddle and spread out in circular motion to desired thickness.
6. Cook pancakes for 2-4 minutes (there should be lots of little holes in the batter) then flip and cook another minute or until golden.
Note: Gluten-free pancakes may stick to the pan more than non-gluten-free pancakes so be sure to loosen pancakes from griddle or skillet before flipping.
This recipe and more is in our gluten free cookbook.
Gluten free’s not for you? Try these amazing banana pancakes from an earlier blog post: