Cinco de Mayo Fun Fact #1:
According to the California Avocado Commission, up to 81 million avocados are eaten for the occasion, most of which are made into guacamole.
Fun Fact #2: Mexican food is delicious
Fun Fact #3: Mexican food is healthy
Chicken Enchilada (Serves 4) GF, HF
3 cups cooked pulled chicken
1/2 cup roasted green chillies, chopped
3/4 cup sour cream
Juice from a fresh lime
1/4 tsp cumin
2 cups Enchilada Sauce (See Below)
10 corn tortillas
Light olive oil
1 1/2 cup shredded Cheese
Fresh Chopped cilantro
- Lightly oil a 13×9 inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cooked chicken, chopped green chiles, sour cream and lime juice
- Season with cracked pepper and cumin
- Spoon chicken mixture in center of tortilla and roll it up.
- Repeat with other tortillas.
- Set aside.
- Make Enchilada Sauce (see below)
- Pour sauce over tortillas
- Top with cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and enchiladas are hot.
Chicken Enchilada Sauce GF
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small onion peeled and finely diced
1 Tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
3-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 28 oz crushed fire roasted tomatoes
1 tsp organic sugar
1 splash of balsamic vinegar
2 tsp dried cilantro or 1 Tbsp fresh minced cilantro
- Heat olive oil in saucepan
- Sauté onion and spices for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and cilantro, stir and simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Coat enchiladas